Wednesday, January 12, 2011
A hydrated university
This is a picture of the University of Queensland in 1974 when Brisbane had a major flood. A similar flood is happening right now!
I don't anticipate any problems with major buildings and labs because the university has exercised restraint and not built on areas that were flooded.
Thanks to my many overseas colleagues who have asked after my well-being. Fortunately, our house is high enough we will probably only have water in the back yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...

No comments:
Post a Comment