Previously I posted about recent numerical work which suggested that the Hubbard model on the honeycomb lattice and the Heisenberg model on the kagome lattice may have spin liquid ground states. At the Journal Club for Condensed Matter Physics, Steve Kivelson has a nice commentary on these two papers. One point important question he focuses on is whether or not these states have topological order, signified by a degenerate ground state, whose degeneracy only depends on the topology of the lattice [e.g. a torus].
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment