There is an interesting piece on the New York Times web site which quotes numerous scientists slamming Bob Laughlin's recent article about climate change. I wish he would go back to doing regular science....
On a more positive note Laughlin has a worthwhile project that is digitising Conrad Herring's famous file card box.
On his website he also has all the cartoons from his wonderful book, The Emergent Universe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...

No comments:
Post a Comment