Previously I have posted about a diverse set of layered strongly correlated electron materials which exhibit a non-classical magnetoresistance. Specifically, the magnetoresistance can be largest (smallest) when the current and magnetic field are parallel (perpendicular).
Michael Smith has just published a nice paper Anomalous interlayer magnetoresistance in bilayer crystals which considers a simple concrete model that exhibits such behaviour. The key physics is that in alternating layers the conducting chains are perpendicular to each other. This does occur in some organic charge transfer salts, as mentioned in footnote 1 of the paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment