The Heckler is a column in the Sydney Morning Herald where "Readers are invited to send 450 words about what makes their blood boil."
This week Nick Coleman had a piece "You could do this or go fishing" about the process for applying for research grants in Australia.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
You must have seen this piece, although I think it Overshoots the mark somewhat
ReplyDeletehttp://www.nature.com/naturejobs/science/articles/10.1038/nj7370-549c