I have just started reading Phil Anderson's new book, More and Different: notes from a thoughtful curmudgeon. It is a collection of essays on wide ranging subjects: personal reminiscences, history, philosophy, sociology, science wars, ....
Some of these have been published before but many have not.
The history is fascinating and the science stimulating. I highly recommend the book and will hopefully post some highlights.
Last night I read the personal reminiscence "BCS and me" which gave me an even greater appreciation of just how tortuous the road to the theory was, how brilliant the solution was, and how it still left some important questions to be answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment