Physics Today has a very helpful review of three important books by physicists about climate change and possible future options.
Beyond Smoke and Mirrors: Climate Change and Energy in the 21st Century by Burton Richter
Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air by David MacKay
Challenged by Carbon: the Oil Industry and Climate Change by Bryan Lovell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment