- the relevance of BCS theory and Cooper pairing to nuclear physics and neutron stars
- how the Meissner effect can be viewed as a photon obtaining mass and that this idea is key to electro-weak theory and to the Higgs boson
Friday, May 27, 2011
Singing superlatives of superconductivity
I recently gave two lectures on superconductivity to a fourth year undergraduate Condensed Matter Physics course. In hindsight, there are few points that I did not discuss but should have included:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
-
Nitrogen fluoride (NF) seems like a very simple molecule and you would think it would very well understood, particularly as it is small enou...

No comments:
Post a Comment