- a discussion of the differences between the phase diagrams of 3He and 4He
- a list of the 4 Nobel Prizes awarded for work in superfluidity [Landau, Kapitsa, Osheroff, Richardson, and Lee, Leggett] (I did not include BECs but should have]
- a video of the superfluid transition
- a discussion of an amazing experiment on the space shuttle which determined the critical exponent for the specific heat at the superfluid (lambda) transition to five significant figures.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
Lecture on superfluids
Last week I gave half a lecture on the phase diagram of helium and superfluidity to a second year undergraduate class on Thermodynamics and Condensed Matter Physics. The lecture includes:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...

No comments:
Post a Comment