Tomorrow for PHYS2020 Thermodynamics and Condensed Matter Physics I will give a lecture on Phase diagrams.
Hopefully, students will learn that, contrary to what they were taught in high school, there are many phases of matter, not just solid, liquid, and gas!
Furthermore, they begin to see how the Gibbs free energy is the key quantity which defines the relative stability of different phases (at fixed temperature and pressure).
The video demonstrations I use are from the Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demonstrations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...

excellent!
ReplyDelete