In 1957 Reviews of Modern Physics published a conference talk by Feynman, Superfluidity and Superconductivity. The last paragraph is fascinating where he laments the problem of finding a theory of superconductivity.
[Click to make it larger]
This highlights just how brilliant BCS were!
Coincidentally, BCS published their theory the same year.
Gell-Mann and Feynman in 1957
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...


No comments:
Post a Comment