I would be curious what other people think about this.
We have all heard it [or done it] before in a seminar.
"I have three questions. The first is, ..[long and technical].... The second is, . [longer..].. The third is..."
I think in seminars audience members should ask only one question at a time. I think it is hard for the speaker to keep track of the questions and answer them all in a coherent and succinct manner.
It is a good discipline for us to try and focus our questions down to one key issue and to try and ask ones that will be helpful to most people present.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment