Any comments welcome.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Entanglement in quantum chemistry
Today I gave a talk at the weekly UQ Condensed Matter Theory group meeting (cake meeting because someone always brings a cake!) on the possible role of entanglement measures in quantum chemistry. I only got through the first half of these notes and so will continue next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
Question: How is entanglement in molecules (in atomic bonds for example) protected against decoherence from the environment?
ReplyDeleteGood question.
ReplyDeleteThe energy scale associated with the entanglement is the energy different between a singlet and a triplet state. Usually this is of order of an eV. This is much larger than the fluctuating energy scales associated with the environment.
The down side is that this large energy scale means it is very difficult to manipulate and control the entanglement.