Best Wishes for the New Year!
In the past, at the end of each year I have listed my most popular [i.e. most viewed] posts of the year. Unfortunately, on blogspot it is now difficult to figure that out. So, here I list ten of the more popular posts I thought were significant/satisfying.
Is the mobility of protons in water high?
Are there quantum limits to transport coefficients?
Slow spin dynamics in the bad Hund's metal
Seeking definitive signatures of quantum criticality
How 5 years of blogging has changed me
My paper submission strategy
A survival and sanity guide for new faculty
Latest talk on mental health for scientists
Is publishing debatable conclusions now encouraged?
An empirical potential to benchmark computational chemistry for hydrogen bonding?
It is particularly satisfying to me that half of these posts are about deep scientific issues, not just my rants about luxury journals, metrics, neoliberalism, quantum biology, ....
Thanks again to my readers. I really appreciate all the positive feedback and encouragement I receive. But, I still dream of more comments and discussion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
Thanks for another year of great blogging! I admire your dedication and thoughtfulness.
ReplyDelete(I thought I left a comment earlier, but I guess it didn't go through.)