Friday, January 2, 2015

Significant blog posts from 2014

Best Wishes for the New Year!

In the past, at the end of each year I have listed my most popular [i.e. most viewed] posts of the year. Unfortunately, on blogspot it is now difficult to figure that out. So, here I list ten of the more popular posts I thought were significant/satisfying.

Is the mobility of protons in water high?

Are there quantum limits to transport coefficients?

Slow spin dynamics in the bad Hund's metal

Seeking definitive signatures of quantum criticality

How 5 years of blogging has changed me

My paper submission strategy

A survival and sanity guide for new faculty

Latest talk on mental health for scientists

Is publishing debatable conclusions now encouraged?

An empirical potential to benchmark computational chemistry for hydrogen bonding?

It is particularly satisfying to me that half of these posts are about deep scientific issues, not just my rants about luxury journals, metrics, neoliberalism, quantum biology, ....

Thanks again to my readers. I really appreciate all the positive feedback and encouragement I receive. But, I still dream of more comments and discussion.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another year of great blogging! I admire your dedication and thoughtfulness.

    (I thought I left a comment earlier, but I guess it didn't go through.)

    ReplyDelete