Today I am giving a talk to scientists [mostly postdocs and grad students] at the Black Mountain laboratories of CSIRO [Australia's national industrial labs].
Here are the slides.
On the personal side there is something "strange" about the location of this talk. It is less than one kilometre from where I grew up and was an undergrad. Back then I never even thought about these issues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
Thanks for a clear and motivating presentation today.
ReplyDeletePeter Hairsine (Deputy Chief, CSIRO Land and Water)
Thank you for having the courage to speak and write about this. The dangers of poor mental health to academics (and aspiring academics) are great.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!
ReplyDeleteGiaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.