I have had my MacBook Pro for 3.5 years. I just bought a new one. I didn't need anything faster or fancier. I was just nervous about the old one self-destructing, particularly since I am about to go on a long trip.
I am slowly getting the new one functional with the same software and settings as the old one. Overall this is going smoothly but is a bit tedious. I have switched from Apple Mail to Outlook because UQ does not support the former properly. I haven't tackled Papers yet.
Any hints on what to watch for in such a process?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
I use time machine. So when I bought a new macbook, I simply initiated it with the most recent time machine backup of my imac.
ReplyDeleteI imagine that even if you don't use time machine (which you probably should?), there is some option to create an image of your entire old macbook, and then simply load it onto your new one.
I could be wrong, but this was awesome for me. It took 1 minute of prep,, and a couple of hours waiting, then I had a clone of an existing computer, all files included.
I am stuck with Snow Leopard since I cannot get used to the new Spaces/Expose in Lion or Mountain Lion... Having 2 systems with different OSes can be a bit of a productivity handicap...
ReplyDelete