In the Chronicle of Higher Education there is an article Self-sabotage in the academic career by Robert Sternberg, the incoming president of the University of Wyoming.
Perhaps a more accurate title would be something like "15 traps to avoid for assistant professors in US universities."
But, overall it looks like good advice in broader contexts too.
I first heard about it on Doug Natelson's blog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment