Classical turbulence is hard enough to understand. How about turbulence in a quantum fluid such as superfluid helium?
Is there any difference?
There is a nice viewpoint Reconnecting to superfluid turbulence which is a commentary on the 2008 PRL Velocity Statistics Distinguish Quantum Turbulence from Classical Turbulence.
A key difference between the quantum and classical case concerns the reconnection of vortices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment