Previously I have posted about the importance of supervisors and students/staff discussing mutual expectations before starting to work together.
I was interested to learn that at the University of New England (Armidale, Australia) there is a very detailed form that graduate students must work through with their supervisor and then sign. It covers a wide range of topics including regular meetings, project timelines, co-authorship, intellectual property, plagiarism, office space, ....
I think if such an exercise is done diligently and sincerely it could prevent many problems that can and do occur.
Do you agree or disagree?
I learnt about this form while perusing the thick book, Surviving and Thriving in Postgraduate Research by Ray Cooksey and Gael McDonald.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment