I have been looking a lot of postdoc applications recently and noticed how some include a Curriculum Vitae with irrelevant material. This highlights the basic point that your CV should be tailored to your audience and the job you are applying for.
Teaching experience is not relevant to most postdocs. It is relevant to faculty positions. Also, once you have a Ph.D, high school or non-scientific work experience is not relevant. A model CV for applying for postdocs is on John Wilkins one page guides.
Those making the transition from academia to industry need a completely different. CV. I am told industry usually likes much shorter CVs. They are not interested in long publication lists [with impact factors!] but rather experience at problem solving, working in teams, giving presentations,....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment