This equation/figure/table is the central result of this paper.
I love to read a sentence such as this. First, it helps me know what the paper is about. Second, it helps me decide whether the paper is important and I should read it in detail. Third, it provides a framework to try and understand the rest of the paper.
Some might complain that their paper contains so many "important" results that it is not possible to identify a single equation or figure which is central. However, I doubt this is true. And if it really is true I would encourage breaking up the paper into several publons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment