Some people may attack me for this post. However, I actually think you can over-prepare for lectures. I notice that if I spend too much time preparing I start to go over the material too fast and also start to focus too much on little subtleties that I found interesting.
In contrast, if I have to think through how to do a problem on the board in real time it slows me down to pace that is more appropriate for students who are encountering the problem for the first time.
I am also told students like to see lecturers sweat it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment