• Electronic correlations can significantly modify the relative energy of excited electronic states, especially near transition states.
• Due to conical intersections between potential energy surfaces non-adiabatic processes can lead to ultrafast internal conversion (transitions between different electronic states).
• The environment has a significant effect on the rate of transitions between quantum states.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment