It cannot be emphasized enough that learning to write clearly is an incredibly important skill, discipline, and gift that is necessary for survival and success in science.
Can everyone learn to write?
How do mentors/supervisors teach students to write?
These questions are wrestled with in two stimulating posts (and many thoughtful comments) by the Female Science Professor,
literally doomed and escaping from the garden of meaning
I thank Ben Powell for bringing these to my attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment