I would have thought it was Einstein, or some other physicist, around 1905.
However, it was actually the distinguished chemist G.N. Lewis, as late as 1926!
I learnt this in a nice article from "This Month in Physics History" in the APS News. It also discusses Lewis' possible suicide due to depression.
On a lighter side, this reminds me of a silly achievement on my own: getting the term "squashon" into the scientific literature (see this paper from my Ph.D).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment