Tomorrow I am visiting the Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit at the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore. My host in Ramasesha. I will give a talk [slides] about effective Hamiltonians for the excited electronic states of methine dyes (including the chromophore for the Green Fluorescent Protein). All of this work was done largely by Seth Olsen.
A good introduction and overview is our recent J. Chem. Phys. paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment