There is a somewhat amusing column Our Political Black Hole in the New York Times by Gail Collins. It considers the fictional response of US presidential candidates to the discovery of the Higgs boson. I found it somewhat amusing, but in someways it is a bit painfully close to the truth.
This is a bit how I feel when I watch the classic BBC political comedy, Yes Minister.
Perhaps Gail Collins use of physics metaphor was inspired by David Javerbaum's earlier NYT column A Quantum Theory of Mitt Romney.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment