Today I am giving a talk at IISER Kolkata. My host Chiranjib Mitra requested that I include some discussion of this year's Nobel Prize in Physics. This was very helpful as I think the talk now flows better and there are more illustrations of my main points. But, there is less time to talk about my own work...
Here is the current version of the slides. I welcome comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
The Ising model is a paradigm in both statistical mechanics and condensed matter physics. Today for most theorists it is so familiar that so...
-
Some of my colleagues and I have started an interesting discussion about how to teach quantum theory to undergraduates. We have courses in t...

No comments:
Post a Comment