I sometimes here the following:
"I will be on vacation [holidays/leave] next week but I am planning to do some work on the paper".
"It turns out things were busier than I thought and I did not get to do much [or anything] on the paper."
Vacations are meant to be vacations. Work is for work time. You need the break. Furthermore, trying to simultaneously work and spend time with family or friends is usually stressful and frustrating for everyone involved.
Switch off. Take a break and enjoy it. Your productivity when you return will be greater.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment