This morning I am giving a talk on mental health for scientists at CSIRO at Dutton Park, just over the river from UQ.
Here are the slides. It is similar to a talk I have given before. I have added a personal disclaimer slide. Sad that I feel that I need to do that.
On the subject, there was recently a pretty disturbing article on the Guardian website about mental health issues in UK universities, particularly among Ph.D students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete