Yesterday I was looking up the phone number of a local business in the White Pages for Brisbane. I leafed past Q and was encouraged to see how many local businesses involved quantum technologies. Names I saw included
Quantum quartz
Quantum mechanical
Quantum chemicals
Quantum trading distribution services
Quantum racing industries
Quantum reading learning vision....
Sorry I did not post this on the first day of the month....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
Hi Ross;
ReplyDeletehttp://condensedconcepts.blogspot.ca
add a new perspective to Tully's surface hopping code
Eric
I think the ancient Greek concept of "atom" better translates to what we call "quantum". e.g. the quantum of my skin is the skin cell, which at least some of the philosophers would have called the atom. Each biological cell is indivisible by brute force, without losing its atomic nature.
ReplyDelete