My family has been enjoying watching the comedy TV series 3rd Rock from the sun from the 1990s. We thank Jure Kokalj for introducing us to it. The main character Dick Solomon is a physics professor so occasionally there is some physics. Unfortunately, some of the "physics" is just mumbo-jumbo. This is unlike The Big Bang Theory which has accurate physics.
Nevertheless, this clip has some pretty classic physics lines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment