I am not working on the new iron pnictide superconductors and so am only casually following the field. Here is one recent paper that got my attention.
Nodal versus Nodeless Behaviors of the Order Parameters of LiFeP and LiFeAs Superconductors from Magnetic Penetration-Depth Measurements
K. Hashimoto, S. Kasahara, R. Katsumata, Y. Mizukami, M. Yamashita, H. Ikeda, T. Terashima, A. Carrington, Y. Matsuda, and T. Shibauchi
The temperature dependence of the London penetration depth [which determines the superfluid density] is strikingly different for LiFeP and LiFeAs. This suggests that for the former there are nodes in the superconducting gap.
Furthermore, they correlate the presence of nodes in the superconducting energy gap with the height of the pnictogen atoms (Pn=As or P) above the plane of the Fe atoms in the crystal structure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...


No comments:
Post a Comment