The current-voltage characteristics of organic heterojunctions (HJs) are often modeled using the generalized Shockley equation derived for inorganic diodes. However, since this description does not rigorously apply to organic semiconductor donor-acceptor (D-A) HJs, the extracted parameters lack a clear physical meaning. Here, we derive the current density-voltage (J-V) characteristic specifically for D-A HJ solar cells and show that it predicts the general dependence of dark current, open-circuit voltage (Voc), and short-circuit current (Jsc) on temperature and light intensity as well as the maximum Voc for a given D-A material pair....
This is the beginning of the abstract for a recent PRB paper from Stephen Forrest and collaborators, that I want to understand. I certainly agree with the first two sentences!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment