Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Bridging the chemistry-physics divide
My UQ colleague Ben Powell has written a nice set of notes An introduction to effective low-energy Hamiltonians in condensed matter physics and chemistry. They will be particularly useful for beginning graduate students. They have already been helpful to theoretical chemists and physicists who struggle to understand each other, when actually talking about the same thing. The notes will be published in a forthcoming book edited by Jeff Reimers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Some of my colleagues and I have started an interesting discussion about how to teach quantum theory to undergraduates. We have courses in t...
No comments:
Post a Comment