Todays lecture went pretty well. There were lots of questions. The students love the video demonstration of ice regelation. They said cutting through the ice with a wire would be neat party trick. I looked on Youtube but the only video I could find was this one. Let me know if you find them a better one.
Here is tomorrows lecture, as it stands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment