Wednesday, April 15, 2009
How can we work together well?
A colleague asked me to do a post about avoiding misunderstandings and problems in student-supervisor relationships. One thing I have found extremely helpful and effective is for anyone I supervise (postdocs and students) to write out and discuss a list of expectations. What we expect of each other and of ourselves. One of my Ph.D students, Elvis Shoko, kindly agreed to allow me to post the document he drafted. The idea of "win/win performance agreements" is discussed in Habit 4 of The 7 Habits of highly effective people: restoring the character ethic by Stephen R. Covey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
I am very interested in this post, but the link to "the document" only links to this blog page.
ReplyDeleteThanks Eric
It works on mine. Try
ReplyDeletehttps://sites.google.com/site/emergentphysics/Home/Elvis.doc?attredirects=0