Reflecting on this anniversary I realised that writing the blog has had a significant influence on me. Writing posts forces one to be more reflective. I think I have a greater appreciation of
- good science: solid and reproducible, influential, ...
- how important it is to good science, rather than just publishing papers
- how hard it is to do good science
- today, the practise of science is increasingly broken
- the bleak long-term job prospects on most young people in science
- the danger and limitations of metrics for measuring research productivity and impact
- the importance of simple models and physical pictures
- diabatic states as a powerful conceptual, model building, and computational tool in chemistry
- the importance of Dynamical Mean-Field Theory (DMFT)
- bad metals as a unifying concept for strongly correlated metals
I greatly value the feedback.
I do want to see more comments and discussion!