Today I am giving a seminar at Bristol University, on Interlayer magnetoresistance in strongly correlated electron materials. The current version of the slides are here. The main point is that measurements of the dependence of the interlayer resistance on the direction of the magnetic field provides a powerful probe to map out anisotropies in intralayer Fermi surface properties.
The figure above is taken from a nice review article by Mark Kartsovnik, one of the pioneers of the field.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For my blog Google Analytics has gone weird
I occasionally look at Google Analytics for my blog in the slim hope it might tell me something about the level and nature of interest (or l...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
The Ising model is a paradigm in both statistical mechanics and condensed matter physics. Today for most theorists it is so familiar that so...
-
Some of my colleagues and I have started an interesting discussion about how to teach quantum theory to undergraduates. We have courses in t...

Your slides have a deja vu flavour for me. As James Clerk Maxwell discovered when deriving his equations for the special case a handful of variables gives you a nice answer - c. In my experience it was the model that was usually the problem, up the projected variables, recompute then bingo confusion
ReplyDelete