Tuesday, August 25, 2009

James Bond meets Niels Bohr!

At the conference today my UQ colleague Andrew White pointed out that if you type "Daniel James quantum" into Google the first two entries that appear are for the conference chairman, who rates higher than Daniel Craig as James Bond in Quantum of Solace!

Andrew then showed a clip from the movie which showed James Bond interrogating a poor "graduate student" who says:
I answered all your questions. I told you everything you wanted to know about quantum.
I should also mention that Daniel Craig actually stars as Werner Heisenberg in a PBS production of the play, Copenhagen! You can see some of the video here, and a key scene about the uncertainty principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For my blog Google Analytics has gone weird

I occasionally look at Google Analytics for my blog in the slim hope it might tell me something about the level and nature of interest (or l...