Opening the door for women in science

 I really liked reading Transcendent Kingdom by Yaa Gyasi. She is an amazing writer. I recently reread some of it for an extended family book club. Just check out some of these quotes. 

A colleague suggested I might like Lessons in Chemistry, a novel by Bonnie Garmus. I have not read the book yet, but I have watched the first two episodes of the TV version on AppleTV. I watched the first episode for free.

The show contains a good mix of humour, love of science, and feminism. The chemistry dialogue seems to be correct. The show chronicles just how in the 1950s how awful life was for a young woman who aspired to be a scientist. Things have improved. But there is still a long way to go... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Herzberg-Teller coupling?

Is it an Unidentified Superconducting Object (USO)?

What should be the order of authors on a conference poster or talk?