I have now finished my first draft of chapter 6, of Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction. The main purpose of the chapter is to introduce the idea of the critical point and the renormalisation group.
I welcome comments and suggestions. However, bear in mind that my target audience is not the typical reader of this blog, but rather your non-physicist friends and family.
I think it still needs a lot of work, particularly to be less technical.
The goal is for the chapter to be interesting, accessible, and bring out the excitement and importance of condensed matter physics.
Aside. Don't think that because I am posting two chapters one week apart that I am writing one per week. I wish I could. I sometimes move onto a new chapter before getting it into a draft form good enough to post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For my blog Google Analytics has gone weird
I occasionally look at Google Analytics for my blog in the slim hope it might tell me something about the level and nature of interest (or l...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
The Ising model is a paradigm in both statistical mechanics and condensed matter physics. Today for most theorists it is so familiar that so...
-
Some of my colleagues and I have started an interesting discussion about how to teach quantum theory to undergraduates. We have courses in t...

No comments:
Post a Comment