The Critical Point

I have now finished my first draft of chapter 6, of Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction. The main purpose of the chapter is to introduce the idea of the critical point and the renormalisation group.

 I welcome comments and suggestions. However, bear in mind that my target audience is not the typical reader of this blog, but rather your non-physicist friends and family.

I think it still needs a lot of work, particularly to be less technical.

The goal is for the chapter to be interesting, accessible, and bring out the excitement and importance of condensed matter physics.


Aside. Don't think that because I am posting two chapters one week apart that I am writing one per week. I wish I could. I sometimes move onto a new chapter before getting it into a draft form good enough to post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Herzberg-Teller coupling?

Is it an Unidentified Superconducting Object (USO)?

What should be the order of authors on a conference poster or talk?