I have now finished my first draft of chapter 4, of Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction. The main purpose of the chapter is to introduce the idea and significance of the order parameter.
I welcome comments and suggestions. However, bear in mind that my target audience is not the typical reader of this blog, but rather your non-physicist friends and family.
I think it still needs a lot of work. I may split this chapter into two.
The goal is for it to be interesting, accessible, and bring out the excitement and importance of condensed matter physics.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
Very enjoyable and concise history of condensed matter. How deep are you planning to go on modern research considering your target is non-physicists? And when is expected release date?
ReplyDelete