The order of things

I have now finished my first draft of chapter 4, of Condensed Matter Physics: A Very Short Introduction. The main purpose of the chapter is to introduce the idea and significance of the order parameter.

 I welcome comments and suggestions. However, bear in mind that my target audience is not the typical reader of this blog, but rather your non-physicist friends and family.

I think it still needs a lot of work. I may split this chapter into two.

The goal is for it to be interesting, accessible, and bring out the excitement and importance of condensed matter physics.

Comments

  1. Very enjoyable and concise history of condensed matter. How deep are you planning to go on modern research considering your target is non-physicists? And when is expected release date?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What is Herzberg-Teller coupling?

Is it an Unidentified Superconducting Object (USO)?

What should be the order of authors on a conference poster or talk?