On Friday there was a nice UQ Maths and Physics Colloquium, Beyond the Gaussian Universality Class, given by Ivan Corwin,
The talk was a very nice example of synergy between fundamental physics and maths research.
There are interesting connections with simple one-dimensional models for surface growth, the Kardan-Parisi-Zhang equation, the KPZ universality class, traffic models, random matrix theory, directed polymers in random media, ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment