Today I am giving the first talk in a session on Computational materials science at the 4th International Conference on Advances in Materials and Materials Processing.
Here are the slides for my talk "The role of simple models and concepts in computational materials science".
I will be referring the audience to the article such as those mentioned here, here and here that give a critical assessment of computer simulations and stress the importance of concepts.
I welcome comments, particularly as I think the talk could be stronger and clearer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nobel Prize Predictions for 2026
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. Predicting the awardees is a fun annual exercise. It is also good to reflect on what has been achi...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...

No comments:
Post a Comment