Sometimes when I speak about science to church groups I show the old (1977) video Powers of Ten which nicely illustrates the immense scale of the universe and orders of magnitude.
I often wished there was a more polished modern version.
Yesterday it was pointed out to me there is, Cosmic Eye.
The phone app can be purchased here for $1.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
This video is very amazing. You made me remember this page that I found a couple of years ago http://scaleofuniverse.com/
ReplyDeleteIt goes until the Planck length!
Thanks for the link.
DeleteThat is a very nice page.
What do you tell the church?
ReplyDeleteAre u old earth or young?
Old I hope!