Saturday, March 12, 2016
Weird spikes in blog traffic
The plot shows the number of page views on this blog during the last week, according to blogspot.com. During one hour there was several thousand hits! 20-50 per hour is more normal.
A similar thing happened a year ago.
My fantasy would be that some celebrity tweeted me. Perhaps they liked my post about Drumpf university? However, that is highly unlikely. The spike does not show up in Google analytics (which by the way always shows consistently lower traffic). Furthermore, a breakdown in terms of individual posts or sources or referrals or geography, shows nothing unusual. I suspect the spike is due to some kind of bot. Any ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...

I suggest writing down a Hamiltonian to describe this striking phenomenon :D
ReplyDelete