It is hard to get a permanent job, even for Sheldon Cooper!
In some departments when a tenured or tenure-track job opens up there are many internal candidates who have been waiting for this day. Then the machinations and angst begins....
On the plane to the USA I discovered there is a funny episode of The Big Bang Theory, Tenure Turbulence, which details with a scenario like that above of competing internal candidates.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
Two years ago, I wrote a post about a paper by Wei et al, Emergent Abilities of Large Language Models Then last year, I posted about a pap...
-
Is it something to do with breakdown of the Born-Oppenheimer approximation? In molecular spectroscopy you occasionally hear this term thro...
No comments:
Post a Comment