Tomorrow I am giving a talk "Effect of quantum nuclear motion on hydrogen bonding" in the Chemistry Department at Stanford. My host is Tom Markland. Here are the slides. Much of the talk is based on this recent paper.
Note that some of the talk is different to one I gave last week in the physics department at UQ. It is important to gear any talk to the backgrounds and interests of the audience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What are the assumptions of science?
Science makes assumptions about the nature of the world and the nature of humanity. We are so used to these ideas that we may overlook that...
-
This week Nobel Prizes will be announced. I have not done predictions since 2020 . This is a fun exercise. It is also good to reflect on w...
-
The Ising model is a paradigm in both statistical mechanics and condensed matter physics. Today for most theorists it is so familiar that so...
-
Some of my colleagues and I have started an interesting discussion about how to teach quantum theory to undergraduates. We have courses in t...

No comments:
Post a Comment